Admittance of new PhD-students takes place once a year and the number of positions is dependent on the amount of funding available each year.
Admission to the PhD programme requires a Master’s degree in Economic History (or related subject) or 240 credit points (ECTS) of which at least 60 must be at advanced level. It must also include a thesis of at least 15 credit points. The selection of candidates is based on the applicant’s ability to benefit from the program. The selection criteria are the breadth, depth, relevance, and independence of the applicant’s earlier work, as well as the applicant’s ability to work independently and participate actively in the research environment. Special attention is paid to degree projects.
The application must include:
- records of first- and second-cycle studies (Ladok transcript or other transcript of courses and grades)
- first- and second-cycle theses/degree projects
- a list of other relevant administrative and educational qualifications
- scholarly journal articles, reports or papers of relevance for the subject
- where applicable, documented skills in a language of relevance for the research studies
- project proposal (1500 words max. excluding references)
The application round will open in April 2020.